A Paros Hikes original: Easy, 2.5-3h walks on selected, ‘photogenic’ spots of Paros island, focusing more on the art and joy of taking pictures, than walking and sightseeing pleasure!
Description If you are into photography, or always wanted to know how to use your compact or DSLR camera better, and enjoy wandering and taking pictures in new, fascinating places, then our Photowalks might just be the thing for you!
So, let us guide you in an exciting photo-safari, with some photography learning on the side! With a duration of 2.5-3 hours on easy terrain, Photowalks take you to various locations, where we mainly focus on the process and fun of shooting, rather than just following a route! As we go, in perfect, plain English, an experienced photographer/guide will not only lead you to beautiful urban and rural sights, but also offer an introduction to the principles of photography, hands-on instructions, individual advice, insights and tips on how to best use your camera… so you can really capture that special sunset or the beauty of the moment! In our Advanced level, you can learn more about framing, focusing, depth of field, bokeh, macro, shutter & aperture priority modes, effects and more… All this, in the perfect Greek island setting! No previous knowledge or special equipment required, any camera will do (compact or DSLR), all you need is desire to shoot… and learn! And, after the walk, online sharing and commentary on photos is the best follow-up! Available as either morning or late afternoon (sunset) options, in two levels (Basic & Advanced).
Proposed Photowalk options :
1. The Parikia Bay Photowalk (6-7km, 2.5h, circular), wandering around the maze-like alleys of the traditional settlement, the centuries-old church of Ekatontapyliani, the medieval Venetian quarter of Castro and a scenic shoreline with great sunset and town views.
2. The Laggeri Bay- Santa Maria Cape Photowalk (9km, 3-3.5h, circular), going along the golden beach and coast of Laggeri bay off Naoussa, all around the capes and the lace-like shoreline of the NE tip of Paros, all the way to Santa Maria beach and back.
3. The Aghios Ioannis Detis Peninsula Photowalk (8km, 3h, circular), starting from the traditional shipyards into the Monastery of Aghios Ioannis, the Paros Environmental Park with its stunning rocky landscapes and sea views, all the way to the 19th c. lighthouse on Cape Korakas.
4. The Lefkes – Aghia Kyriaki -Aghios Ioannis Kaparos Photowalk (7.5 km, 3h, circular), wandering around the narrow streets of the picturesque, old mountain capital of Lefkes, followed by a hike in the idyllic valley through old walled footpaths and dirt-tracks, to the 18th c. monasteries of Aghios Ioannis Kaparos and Aghia Kyriaki.
5. The Marpissa- Molos- Piso Livadhi Photowalk (8.5km, 3-3.5h), with a tour of authentic Marpissa village, with its vaulted, winding alleys and distinctive churches, through the countryside to Molos beach and its sand dunes, and around Kefalos hill to the old, quaint port of Piso Livadi. Can be combined with a steep climb on imposing Kefalos hill (200m) for the 17th c. monastery of Aghios Antonios and majestic views!
Questions or more info? Ask us!
In a nutshell [Walking, shooting… and learning!] Photography/walking/views/tradition/countryside, easy, distance 6-9 km, duration 2.5-3.5h (with stops), elevation ±0-200m.