- Period & Types of Tours : From April to October, we do easy to moderate difficulty group walking/hiking tours almost every Tuesday, Thursday & Sunday. Routes range from 4-5 km to 15 km with varying degrees of difficulty, with well-versed guidance in English, French or Italian. Please see our upcoming tours page.
Private walking/hiking tours are also available, including a special “Taste of Paros” picnic with wine for a memorable walking experience (indicative price for two persons: 80-120€ depending on tour/season). Our signature private “ Bike & Hike” tours combine the two best ways to see and eexperience the island’s countryside and natural beauty. We also offer family, naturalist, cultural & archeological interest and photography tours.
- Food & Drink: Where mentioned, a picnic lunch/ light snack/ refreshment will be offered en route, usually towards the end of the hike. Our special “Taste of Paros” picnic comprises fresh local vegetables (organic when possible). local cheese and delicacies, a cooked vegetarian dish based on a traditional recipe and local home-made wine, whereas our “aperitivo” light lunch includes local cheese, olives, plum tomatoes, a local delicacy (i.e. stuffed vine leaves) and local home-made wine.
A good breakfast at the hotel prior to the tour is recommended and participants are also advised to carry at least a liter of water per person and light snacks (i.e. cereal bars or dry fruit and nuts).
- Transportation : In an effort to minimize our carbon footprint and stay true to our eco-tourism principles, Paros Hikes tours are designed in coordination with the Paros municipal bus service timetables, with easily accessible departure points. If this is inconvenient, hotel pickup can be arranged by private transportation or taxi at an extra charge. Bus or other transportation tickets are not included in the tour cost, unless explicitly stated. Many of our tours are circular or end at locations offering catering facilities and attractions (check route discription).
- Experience & Preparation : No hiking or mountaineering experience is required in most walks/hikes, however participants should be in good physical shape and have no hindering medical condition; they should also carry any medication they have been prescribed. Good running shoes are an absolute minimum, whereas trail running or walking shoes/boots are recommended. Participants should pack an extra pair of socks and a T-shirt, as well as bathing suit and towel on coastal walks. Hats, sunglasses & suntan lotion are always necessary (well, not on moonlight walks!). A couple of hiking poles can be provided free of charge.
- Group Size & Ages : Up to 12 participants, over 10 y.o.a. (Does not apply in private family tours)
- Safety : Although we give emphasis to walking enjoyment and ‘soft’ adventure, Paros Hikes tours are designed and executed with the safety principle squarely in mind. Participants are given individual attention or help in difficult passages (if necessary) by experienced guides who are well-acquainted with the island terrain and trails and are fully First Aid and CPR certified. On Paros in particular, 99.5% of our hiking/walking routes are covered by mobile phone network and are never farther than 0.5 km away from carriage road network. For the duration of any given tour, an associate is always on standby for any medical or other emergency.
About Paros and the Cyclades
Familiarize yourself with the history and tradition of Paros Island by exploring our monopatia, age-old but now unknown footpaths, visiting historic monuments, enjoying great vistas and the unique Cycladic landscape and architecture. Give yourself a chance to relax in the countryside and the coasts of the mildest of the Cycladic islands. Paros offers 65 kilometers of walking paths with very interesting routes, mostly accessible to the
average walker. Once the primary means of transportation and communication on the island, a network of ancient-stone paved paths dating back to millennia runs through the island and still forms the spine of the countryside, waiting to be discovered. Experience the beautiful nature and the vast cultural heritage of Paros in the most authentic way: walking right in it!